6.16.2008

.ire.

As I began to contemplate on the more pressing issues of mankind today (like the never-ending poverty, the non-sense killings, depression, etc.), I realized, there’s not much that I could possibly do to make the situation better.
I have always believed that man, everyone, has their good side. Or so I thought they have. I could not fathom why evil hovers around us like it is some ritual we have all come to inhabit and eventually, succumb into. It is a very harsh but true realization. I never imagined that I would have this bit of an inkling about this matter but sadly, I have. Rather because the reality was there all along and I was just too blind or too naïve to be sucking up all my pride trying to justify man’s goodness.
You might think I am all for the gore but I am not. It’s just that what I have come to see right before my eyes could not anymore contain this side of mankind.


Is there no place to hide anymore? What fear do we have that our faith could not battle? Is this how the world is supposed to end? If only we have the courage to remain as ourselves and let some divine intervention wash away all our impurities and take that chance of turning over a new leaf --- for a change. A change that would venerate the real purpose of our being.

…And then maybe all those people who have and had lived in fear, of doubt, would never have to feel that same way, ever again --- including myself.

No comments: